Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Nada, Nada, Nada, Nada, Nada, Nada, and again Nada

Nada, Nada, Nada, Nada, Nada, Nada, and again Nada

For some sets,
emptiness
makes them whole.
The line between all and nothing
is thin as a laser-level line
as firm as Cantor's dust
as solid as Serpienski's gasket
as clear as the absolute length of the shoreline
as bounded as the shell of a cloud.
That's all you can know about it.
That's all you need to know about it, except--
the line between all and nothing
is the only line.
Everything sits on one side
or the other.
And closer to the boundary
is closer to the heart of all.

[080210-2//010606]

This was very nearly a before and after.  Only problem is, I'm not sure I'm at the after I want to be at before going there.  But this is a poem that needed extensive pruning and it appears even in this version that the pruning may not be done--I've got the outline of the topiary, but I need to adjust a few outliers.

No comments:

Post a Comment